Health and Wellness Activities At NSK School
The school has an infirmary that is managed
by a qualified staff nurse. If
a child is sick or injured while in
the school, he/she will be taken to the nearest hospital according
to the emergency.
Ø The school has an infirmary managed by a qualified and experienced staff nurse.
Ø She will handle medical emergencies and administer first-aid.
Ø If a child is very sick or injured while in school, he/she will be taken to the nearest hospital according to the emergency with an intimation to the parents’ number registered with the school.
Ø Request from parents to administer pills and syrups to children who require medication will not be entertained under any circumstances, however if the student is under a prescribed course of medication, please ensure to send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and also written note in the student hand book, provided the medicines are handed over to the nurse, packed and labelled with students name grade and section.
Ø If your ward is sick, ensure he/she is getting proper rest and nutrition. Parents are also requested not to send sick children to school for attending classes or appearing for examinations. This is in the interest of the child and at times his/her classmates, as well. Medical Certificates must be submitted so that the child’s results are not affected.
Ø Students suffering from infectious diseases such as Conjunctivitis, Dermatitis, Scabies, etc. should not be sent to school until they have fully recovered.
Ø Students suffering from chronic diseases like Asthma, Epilepsy, and Heart Disease etc. are advised to be under continuous medical supervision of a doctor, who is a specialist in the concerned field. History of their ailments must be filled up in the student hand book, along with the treatment and the medicines prescribed by the concerned doctor.
Ø Parents are also advised to keep the school infirmary informed at email@example.com about any medical / health problem which may have developed during the academic year.
Ø The medical history of the student must be filled up by the parents in the space provided in the student hand book.
All parents are requested to impart Health Education to their children.
This is important so that they –
Maintain personal hygiene such as trimming of nails and being neat on a regular basis.
Ø Exercise regularly.
Ø Sleep for at least eight hours daily.
Ø Have a balanced diet, nutritionally rich.
Ø Drink water which is either boiled or filtered. All students are advised to bring their own water bottles from home.
All children should also be:
Ø Dewormed at least once every year, on the advice of the family physician.
Ø Have a dental and ophthalmic check-up once every year by a well-qualified dental surgeon and ophthalmologist.
Ø Immunized as per the schedule given by your doctor.
- NSK IS initiated several goals for each month in order to promote health and wellbeing of our kids.
- Students were trained to use spoon, fork and knife for dining. We have achieved 75% of our goal by the month of July.
- Our second goal was “Kids Healthy Eating Plate” to create awareness among children about nutritional food, healthy eating and drinking.
- School Nurse leads the school Health Club. As a part of Bag less day, Health Club organized a health checkup for all staff of the school. Health cards were prepared and distributed. Health talks were delivered by the students. It was an amazing experience for the students and helped them to learn the importance of maintaining healthy life style.
- During the month of September the Health Club activity was “Cooking without Fire”. The members of the club prepared a mixed salad and dispensed among staff and students.